Monday, October 29, 2007

still in a severe depression

Here's the facts - I'm not feeling particularly giggity right now...

We play Baylor.

It's at The Floyd Casey on Saturday at 2pm.

It's not on TV.

The UT game in Austin the following Saturday has been moved to a 2:30pm start and is on ABC.

I'm e-talking to the greatness that is Red Andrews via e-mail right now - will have many rofl-copters under construction soon...I'll deliver them prior to kickoff.

In case you've been living in the basement of Murdough and haven't heard - Shannon Woods has big-timed himself out of a job and is running drills with the scout team...

Burnt Orange Nation has a great bit on the relativity of Harrell and Crabtree's seasons thus far. It's detailed and math oriented and I love that kind of stuff.

Note to Marty Cone: don't bother, you wouldn't understand it - all you need to know is that Harrell is our QB and Crabtree is one of the WRs and they are both really good - and nominated for some post-season awards...

Here's my new question: What happens if Coach Leach continues to run the number one offense out onto the field every Saturday and continues to win only 7 games a year? The shine wears off eventually right? The offense at some point doesn't sell tickets because the team doesn't win enough games to keep the fan base happy. Right?

If he gets himself into that position - I think he's a goner.

Even after the large number of times I threw the dog at the TV the last two Saturdays - he still loves me. I hope I'm as loyal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you mean 8 win seasons. Leach hasn't had a 7 seven win season since 2001. Unless you don't count bowl games.

Bob Knight's Eyebrows said...

just talking regular season in this case...