Thursday, May 24, 2007

Bond J Bond fixes your Tech Football jones



A couple of stats jumped out at me listening to the audio - Rodney Allison was 10/11 for 87 yards in this win...and the Tech offense racked up 358 yards TOTAL for the entire game...

WOW.

Last year, Texas Tech's Graham Harrell threw for more than 358 yards in 6 of the 13 games in which he played (includes the Insight Bowl).

I'm sure there are many more stats that I am missing - but that was the best illustration in my mind of how incredibly wild Mike Leach must seem to the likes of the older generation of football coaches in America.



How about this Eric Dickerson vs. Gabe Rivera matchup - unfortunately this story ends badly for us...and turns into a tale our old pappy would share with you about being prepared, playing every down, the importance of special teams and all that hooey. Makes me so mad I could almost hire an SMU grad to clean my house...

No comments: